Men's Diverge E5
The Diverge E5 is equipped with everything you need to head to work, take the long way home, and hit some fire roads on the weekend.
The Diverge frame will comfortably fit up to 700x42mm tires with plenty of room for mud, too. Weight was a large factor in the development, so Specialized took some design cues from the Roubaix with an E5 Premium Aluminum frame that's plenty light, certainly stiff for hard efforts, and undeniable durable.
Specialized opted for a new Open Road Geometry. We know what you're thinking, "it's just another marketing term," but they truly did develop an entirely new geometry. Think of it as a road version of modern trail bike geometry. It provides playful handling and predictable steering for endless dirt skids and mid-corner drifts. The geo features a bottom bracket that's over a half-centimeter lower than the previous Diverge, a slacked-out head tube angle, short chainstays, and a short wheelbase. These changes make for a bike that's not only fun in the dirt, but also performs well on the road.
Specialized topped it off with three water bottle mounts and mounts for racks and fenders. So while it's one of the most smile-inducing bikes you'll ever shred fire roads on, it's equally adept at bike packing, commuting, or even a spin to your local brewery. The Diverge E5 Elite frame is topped off with Shimano Claris shifting, hassle-free mechanical disc brakes, and ultra-strong Axis Sport Disc wheels that are cased in fast-rolling Espoir Sport tires.
- Specialized E5 Premium Aluminum, Open Road Geometry, threaded BB, flat mount disc
- Specialized FACT carbon, flat-mount disc
- Front: 12x100mm thru-axle
Rear: 12x142mm thru-axle,
- Axis Sport Disc
- Espoir Sport, 60 TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x30mm
- Shimano RS200
- Bottom Bracket
- KMC X8, 8-speed w/ Missing Link
- Front Derailleur
- Shimano Claris, braze-on
- Rear Derailleur
- Shimano Claris, long cage, 8-speed
- Cassette/Rear Cogs
- Sunrace, 8-speed, 11-34t
- Shimano Claris 2000, 8-speed
- Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- Specialized S-Wrap
- Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- Brake Levers
- Shimano Claris 2000
- Tektro Mira, flat mount, mechanical disc
- Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- Seat Post
- Alloy, 2-bolt clamp, 12mm offset, 27.2mm, anti-corrosion hardware